Traditional Planning has taught us:
- Accumulate money in traditional retirement accounts (401(k), 403(b) or an Individual Retirement Account (IRA) are the best way to save for retirement.
- That when we retire, we will be in a lower tax bracket.
TRUTHS: Utilizing Traditional Planning:
- Your advisor will share in 20-25% of your retirement.
- To be in a lower tax bracket, you will need to report LESS income. What area of your lifestyle will you be cutting back on to be in a lower tax bracket?
Encompass Group Long View
- We can “postpone” paying taxes when we go to use our retirement accounts.
- Chasing Rates-of-return is a good way to grow for our retirement.
- Banks are the best resources to turn to when we need money.
- Paying off your home is the best strategy to have.
- If we have no debt but mainly utilize a 401(k) or IRA for our retirement accumulation, we are debt free.
The Long View on Taxes
- If you believe taxes will be going up, you postponed paying (a KNOWN amount of) taxes for a(n) (UNKNOWN) higher amount.
- Paying off your home will kill one of the last tax deductions that you may have.
- The government OWNS a percentage of your 401(k) or IRA. How much?
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR
Our regular client newsletter is chock full of information for the business owner and their families.